Jennie was born in Malton, North Yorkshire, living there until she was 19 and then moved to London in search of a career. She stayed in London for another 20 years, and ended up as IT operations Manager at a worldwide company, then decided it was time for a change, to do something less stressful. So in 2006 she began to learn holistic massage, she qualified In 2007 and found that she enjoyed it and was good at it, so decided to take the next step and to train to be sports massage therapist, gaining more knowledge of the human anatomy enabling her to treat soft tissue injuries more effectively. Since then Jennie has treated clients such as professional footballers, rowers, cricketers, dancers, with a range of injuries like sciatica, whiplash, tendinitis, shin splints, producing successful results. During this time Jennie attended some yoga classes.
Jennie has travelled the world, after returning to in 2009 began attending yoga classes at Breeze yoga studio in Kent and found that she really enjoyed it, and also found other benefits started happening to her, it helped with her stress and anxiety, and helped build her self-esteem and confidence as well as helping with an ongoing neck problem she had, and she lost weight. She knew she had found something that was meant for her and decided that she wanted to share the benefits with others and took the plunge to train as a yoga instructor, qualifying with 200hr RYT in 2012 with Anne-Marie Newland of Sun Power Yoga in Greece. She then returned home to Scarborough in North Yorkshire to set up her own business hoping to help others find peace and happiness in their own lives. In 2015 Jennie traveled to India and gained her 300hr Advanced yoga teacher training with The Yoga Darshanam in Mysore India, covering many styles in Hatha, Ashtanga, Acro, and Pregnancy. Jennie is now a 500hr E-RYT.
Jennie loves doing continued professional development to keep knowledgeable and up to date in her field. This is what she has done so far…
- September 2014 – Ashtanga workshop with Kino McGregor at Yoga Manchester
- December 2014 – Mysore, India 1 month at KPJAYI studying Ashtanga with Saraswati Jois daughter of the famous Sri K Pattabis Jois. Whilst in India she also learnt Ayurvedic Yoga Massage and traditional Ayurvedic Abhyanga (massage).
- April 2015 – Ray Long workshop the author of Daily Bandha and key muscles of hatha yoga
- February 2017 – Tools, Talents & Techniques for Teachers Workshop with David Swenson at CAMYOGA
- 2017 – 4 weekends of Mindfulness foundation Training with the mindfulness Assocation lead by Ani Tselha at Kagyu Samye Dzong Scarborough
- June 2018 – Yin Yoga, Minds, Meridians, Moments with Norman Blair at The Life Centre Manchester
You can find her yoga classes spread in Scarborough and Malton. She also does home visits. She also rents a treatment room from Crown Spa Hotel Scarborough, where she works independently of their own Spa treatments. Bookings should be made directly via Jennie on 07956128382.